• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 More Progress on My Lime Gold GT/CS

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

Neil, This could be another discussion point, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be yellow, AND you are not to be too careful in it application! It will be interesting to hear what our gold card judges have to say.... Russ

Ruppstang

Yes Russ you are right yellow is correct and it does not hurt to see a little bit here and there. One of the picky judges!

logue636@comcast.net

Badboy

You do good work Russ. I am new to the GT/CS Forms. I was born in Tempe AZ. And bought my GT/CS new at Canyon Ford in Phoenix AZ 4/14/69. I have a sister that lives in Flagstaff. I have a queston I see you have a motorcraft battery is it going to be considered concours?

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

Good Question...no, I have a "show" Autolite battery that will go into the car when I display the car. I've purchased the repro Autolite batteries in the past and they seem to only last about two years at best, and with the price of these batteries around $180, it just got too expensive to equip my six classic Mustangs with these batteries. I decided to use a Motorcraft battery, which is very good, for regular use, but the car will not be shown with this battery (small local shows excepted).

My "show" battery is made from an Autolite repro battery which has the lead plates removed, so it is very light. I just install it when I get to a show, and it looks fine. I don't get points deducted for the Motorcraft or for using an Autolite cap. Thanks for asking, and if you ever get up to Flagstaff, give me a call. Russ

GTCSMustang

Russ,

I tried to send you a PM and it won't let me. Is there a better way to get in touch with you.

Scott