• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New project. Not a Mustang

quicknick

I just picked up this real 70 Dodge Super Bee from a body shop owner down in Alabama. He started the restoration over 10 yrs. ago, but never finished it. All numbers matching Plum Crazy Purple w/ black top, bucket seat interior, and bumble bee stripe. 383 Magnum 335hp, Ram Air/ramcharger, 4 speed, dana car. These pix don't do this car justice. It's a clean, rust free, running & driving southern car. The guy packed this car to the ceiling with boxes and boxes of OEM parts that he's accumulated over the years. Except for original wheels, everything is here.
Restoration on this will be childs play for me and my boys here at the body shop. If it turns out good, I just might keep it. What do you think?

Attachments

• bee 1.jpg
    bee 1.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 58
  • bee 4.jpg
    bee 4.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 54
  • bee 5.jpg
    bee 5.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 55
  • bee 6.jpg
    bee 6.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 68
  • bee 7.jpg
    bee 7.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 58
  • bee 8.jpg
    bee 8.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 49
  • bee3.jpg
    bee3.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 46

nineofive

Nice project - the plum purple is a great color.
Best of luck and enjoy the work.

Sorry to say but I like your CS in the background of the photos better.

somethingspecial

Im Jealous

That is one cool car with the right runnine gear. I love the 383magnum and 4 speed. Great find. Have fun rebuilding that one.

OP
OP
Q

quicknick

Nice project - the plum purple is a great color.
Best of luck and enjoy the work.

Sorry to say but I like your CS in the background of the photos better.
Unfortunately, this is no longer the conses of our household. My wife and I dated in a Super Bee exactly like this back in high school. So when she saw it, she fell in love with it and got all emotional. She now wants to sell the red CS and keep the Bee. Now I've got that hanging over my head.

stangfan

Very nice car. Both the Super Bee and the GT/CS would be great to have. I certainly would not complain. :grin:

Please keep us posted. :cool:

sam

I like Mustangs better...................do you?

rvrtrash

Sorry, but the first thing I thought of was "Hey, he's almost got the Bullitt chase scene there". Seriously, that looks like a nice project. It should be nice when finished, and another rare car.

Steve

Ruppstang

Nice project! It is just nice to have a partner that is interested also in your hobbie. I am sure you will work it out.
Marty