• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New to Forum, Looking for CS or HCS

mherman2

Hey there, great site. I am looking for a CS or HCS I do not need to put a ton of work into. I would love a 390 4spd or a 68 Cobra Jet 4spd. Does anyone know how many big blocks both 390 and 428's were made of each car? Another car would be a 66 or 67 Convertible HCS. Did any 67's come with a 428 Police Interceptor like the Shelby's?

Mike

Mosesatm

Hey there, great site. I am looking for a CS or HCS I do not need to put a ton of work into. I would love a 390 4spd or a 68 Cobra Jet 4spd. Does anyone know how many big blocks both 390 and 428's were made of each car? Another car would be a 66 or 67 Convertible HCS. Did any 67's come with a 428 Police Interceptor like the Shelby's?

Mike

12 R-codes (3 GT/CS, 9 HCS)
215 S-codes
76 X-codes

classicsguy

There is an X-code 390ci on e bay now but its an automatic. I have a J-code 3024v 4 Speed GT/CS but its a project and restoration already started Its advertised in the classified section of this forum. Only 218 J-code 4 speed GT/CS were built. Send me a private message if interested.

Mosesatm

Mike

Here's an X-code in Houston

I may be able to look it over for you Friday if you want.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
OP
OP
mherman2

mherman2

If you could that would be great. I am 99% buying another car here in CA but if the car in Houston is nice, not tinkered with, well documented and original engine and trans, I would be interested in it as well.

Mike

Mosesatm

If you could that would be great. I am 99% buying another car here in CA but if the car in Houston is nice, not tinkered with, well documented and original engine and trans, I would be interested in it as well.

Mike

Knowing this dealer I would be surprised if everything you mentioned pans out on this car. Bill and I looked at a Lime Gold Hertz GT/CS she was selling 4 years ago and it had enough issues for me to passed on it. But you never know!

Can you live with a luggage rack on your trunk?

I'll see if I can get down that way on Friday and take a look at it.

390cs68rcode

Mike

buying Scott's? if so I am sure it will be as described.

DeadStang

Knowing this dealer I would be surprised if everything you mentioned pans out on this car. Bill and I looked at a Lime Gold Hertz GT/CS she was selling 4 years ago and it had enough issues for me to passed on it. But you never know!

Can you live with a luggage rack on your trunk?

I'll see if I can get down that way on Friday and take a look at it.

I am very curious about this car as well...and what they are actually looking to get for it. It would be a nice match to my other '68 Mustang.

Gregpet

I spoke to the owner (I think her name was Alexis) about a month ago (I didn't see the car in person) and she said that they had $38k in it...I lost interest quick...

JohnnyQuest515

I sent an email about the X code a few months ago regarding the a/c and he gave me a wild response and personally put off by it and him. Read his disclaimer at the bottom, you get the drift.

Car is not painted the correct color and no bench seat present and motor is more like a S code. Sure you can change it but he wants way too much money for it.

Randy