• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New to the forum

DLedin

Hi all.

First of all let me say what a great looking site you have here and, as expected, it appears to be populated with friendly and knowledgable Mustangers.

I have a J-code Acapulco Blue GT/CS that I purchased back in 1986 while I was living in central California. ($2800 at the time. I still have the classified ad.) It was my first Mustang and, at the time, I really only had a casual knowledge of Mustangs but I knew there was something different about the GT/CS.

It's great to see Paul Newitt is as active as ever with the GT/CS and that he maintains a presence here.

Back in 1986, while in a parts store, I ran across a notice from Paul regarding his GT/CS registry. Eager to learn more about my car I sent him my GT/CS info and some photos. I was also excited to learn about his GT/CS book that he was preparing. I eventually bought two of the books and was thrilled that Paul had included a couple of the photos I'd sent him on the back cover of his book. (The Hollywood sign shot in the upper right corner and then the large photo in the bottom center taken with the Big Sur coast line in the background.) I eventually met Paul in person at a car show and enjoyed seeing his car and being able to chat briefly with him. Paul, I'll be dropping you a line regarding the newest version of your book. It sounds fantastic.

I moved to the LA area in 1987 and from that time on I've kept my GT/CS in a garage since I was totally paranoid about losing it. I drove a second car, a non-Mustang beater, as a daily driver and saved the GT/CS for occasional weekend drives. In 1993 I purchased one of the 1992 limited edition vibrant red Mustang LX convertibles and that has been my daily driver to this day.

So enough about me. I do have a question regarding the on-line registry here. My impression is that if someone is in Paul's registry then there's no need to register here. Is that correct? At first I thought that the on-line registry included Paul's registry but I could not find my car listed (8R01J150100). Should I be registering here as well then?

Thanks.

-DLedin

P

PNewitt

Oh, hey, HI!

I was just thinking about you the other day....and your CS at the Hollywood sign. You went to great lengths to get those photos for me. They are wonderful, and I still have the large prints in my collection! I intend to use them again in the new book.

Yes--if you are already in my registry, you are OK. Jon Hanna, the webmaster sends me periodic updates from those who register with him. So--both bases are covered (by my P.O. Box, and on this site.

Welcome to this group. I know you'll have a great time here. Lots of very nice and wonderful people that will help you out, or to just to "chew the fat".

Thanks for coming here!!

Paul N.

OP
OP
DLedin

DLedin

Thanks for the link Steve & thanks for the kind words about the photos Paul. I'm glad you liked them and would be honored to have you use them again.

-Doug

John McGilvary

Welcome to the site Doug.
I'm still prety new, and there is nothing but cool people on this site.

John

Mustanger

Welcome aboard, Doug ... have a seat, grab some coffee and make yourself at home ...

PFSlim

Welcome to the site Doug!!! Sounds like the color of the car is about right!!! Someday, the Acapulco Blue will rule......... Oh, uh, never mind.

Keep in mind that there is a diecast Acapulco Blue car out there for sale. It is a very nice deal.

Paul

Attachments

• stevenson.jpg
    stevenson.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 10

68gt390

Doug;
Don't forget to get your gallery started and post some photo's of your car for all to see. Welcome to the site.

Paul;
Don't forget there are still some "Royal Maroon" cars around!!!! :grin: :grin:

By the way that's a great shot of your car. What's really neat is to have the same color diecast to display with the real deal. It becomes the topic of discussion real quick. Everybodey ask's me how did you get a model the same color as your car.

Don :cool:

PFSlim

Thanks Don. I had a great time showing off both at the World of Wheels here in KC this year. The diecast created a lot of converstation around my car. Without your help, there would be a lot of of folks wishing we had a diecast of our cars.

Paul

68gt390

Thanks Don. I had a great time showing off both at the World of Wheels here in KC this year. The diecast created a lot of converstation around my car. Without your help, there would be a lot of of folks wishing we had a diecast of our cars.

Paul

Paul;
That will be my 1 claim to fame. The diecast.

Don

Mosesatm

Doug, you have just witnessed this group's greatest talent.....straying off topic. We also drive cool cars!

OP
OP
DLedin

DLedin

Thanks all for the welcome.

Yeah, I just stumbled across that die cast CS a few days ago while on-line. I'd never seen it before. I probably paid too much but the color looked to be close to Acapulco Blue and I couldn't resist. I had fun telling my wife that I just bought another CS. :grin: I look forward to it arriving at my door.

In the meantime I'll see if I can put some images of my CS together and figure out how to get them posted.

-Doug