• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Paint color change

Midnight Special

@tim

Did you pick the colors yourself? Where can a guy get ideas?

...Well, I have yet to paint a car. Mine were all bought as you see them. I love to drive and play with them around town here where vitually no one knows or cares what's really correct.

The very neat thing about our friends here at CScom is the diversity of support as vast as the many options Ford offered with each Mustang.

BigJim

Changing the door tag will do more to hurt resale value then changing the color of the finish.

clubpro

...What the hell difference does it make what any one else's "feelings" are? If you're having fun with it - they will have fun with you!

'Want proof? Here's my "off color" cars... We have "Hot Wheels Red", "Write Me Up Red" and the favored of all "cars & stripes", Black & Gold!

'Want more proof?? The second to last photo is Mr "just about the most concours correct guy you will meet" Marty after telling me to bring the black one to Reno this year! The last photo is the GT/CS Registrar himself, loading it onto HIS trailer to haul it home for me after HE told me to buy it!!

'Nuf said?? ;-)

P.S. I also agree....Don't change the door tag to match your new color.

Not only is the Black with Gold stripes the best looking C.S. I have ever seen it is an incredible rush to drive. It sounds just right and pulls like a freight train through all of the gears. I know you won't Tim, but if you ever decide to sell it I want to be the first one that you call. Please, please, please!

Cheers,

Ron

CALIF GIRL

I changed my door tag, but I also changed the door- the original door was stolen. I also changed the color. Donna and I just couldn't have the same color..:icon_no:

Midnight Special

Not only is the Black with Gold stripes the best looking C.S. I have ever seen it is an incredible rush to drive. It sounds just right and pulls like a freight train through all of the gears. I know you won't Tim, but if you ever decide to sell it I want to be the first one that you call. Please, please, please!

Cheers,

Ron

...She's yours anytime you're in town, Ron! :)

Attachments

• DSC_0563.jpg
    DSC_0563.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 40
  • _DSC0184.jpg
    _DSC0184.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 39

68HCS289

Agree, it is your car, do what you like. I bought my car despite not being the original color. It looks good and eventually I will repaint it Acapulco Blue for I do love that color. That will be when I am ready to do the concourse restoration. For now I will enjoy her as is and she runs great (and still looks darn good considering). I had one guy comment to me one time not to repaint it, he loved the dark blue and how it made the light/dark blue interior in my car stand out.