• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"Paint Stripe" opinions

Mustanger

Why don't you first try replicating the stripes with tape, then if you like it, then either leave it or replace the tape with a painted version.

If you don't like them, then it should be easy to remove them ... it's kinda like trying on clothes, sometimes it may look okay on the hanger or even on the mannequin, but then you try it on and you may not like it ... or maybe you need to give it time and then it "kinda grows on you" ...

P

PNewitt

I'm sorry, but I just thought of Mustanger's idea, but with a mannequin sitting in the car, with a red and white striped shirt on. Us creative types get carried away, you know...

This is gotten so borderline silly...

(I'm sorry for the candy-cane anology. I saw a white CS with red stripes in person last month, and it IS an impressive, imposing color combination. Very striking on the road, and certainly on the freeway).

P.

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I for one don't find the thread silly. I asked for peoples opinions-whatever they were-because I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go. I have no problem with a little good natured ribbing either. It's not like I've never engaged in it myself. Even the mannequin isn't outside the realm of something I might do. Heck, I have a stuffed tiger wearing tinted goggles behind the seats of my Sunbeam Tiger. It gets more comments than the car sometimes.:grin:

Steve