• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Paint Your Car with Plasti-Dip???

Ruppstang

There would be no problem finding orange peel in that paint job when judging it!

dalorzo_f

It actually goes on very thin and very smooth. It basically is a "skin". Interesting concept, I've used it on small items and the downside is it is not very durable. I'd guess if you hung your ram out the door, and areas of regular contact would scuff and degrade pretty quick.

have seen a number of posts of cars done this way. One clever idea was a guy who had stripped the car to bare metal and had to let it sit for a long time, a few cans of PD and its covered and fairly well protected form the elements until he could get back to it.

May stop by the shop and tell 'em to hold off on that Wimbledon white while I run out and buy some cans of purple PD! :wink: