• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

rarest CS of them all?

miller511

Hi all,

I've had a couple of days to reflect on this past weekend's CS BBQ and couldn't help thinking about (among other things)...

What is the rarest CS/HCS that there ever was?

Maybe one of those elusive 14 originals?

I can say that Bob Teets' 428 CJ HCS was probably the rarest CS/HCS that I've ever seen in person.

And seeing 23 beautiful examples of rolling Ford Mustang history in the same place was also a rare sight, indeed.

C160223

any of the 428 equipped CS/HCS cars would be the rarest, especially the lone 428/4spd equipped GT/CS (has this car been located yet?)

Midnight Special

John's 428CJ CS is very rare ... he's the CS of the month guy ...

http://www.californiaspecial.com/monthlyspecial.shtml

... check out his Marti Report ...

...'Have to agree w/ that as he's the original owner to boot. Wouldn't it have been something if John were to bring his to put alongside Bob's for photos.

It was very impressive to me towards the end of the day when Bob moved his car next to Mike's and there were the two primo big block cars (on Polyglas tires no less) sitting side by side...

Now when it comes to rarity; many of us have a "1 of 1" based on options like color/ interior/ bench seat/ tilt wheel and 4-speed combos etc... I believe Mike's is one of those. I'm assuming you mean cars more like Bob's and John's?

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Tim/all,

Yeah, I think that's the way I was leaning when I posted this. I did think of John M. and his 428CJ GT/CS and being the original owner to boot. It is almost unbelievable, especially when you think of all the twists and turns that life throws at you over the course of that much time. The longevity of ownership holds a lot of value to me, too. Especially original owners, some of whom I've talked to (Beth and Claude Sprinkel). I can see in talking with them that it's almost like one of their kids. Heck, mine seems like one of my kids and I've only had it for 3 1/2 years.

-Jeff

66hcs-conv

Hi Gang,

IMHO the rarest is the 66 or 67 HCS fastback. It is my understanding that there were only 1 or 2 of each made.

Dave

hicountrybob

Hi Gang,

IMHO the rarest is the 66 or 67 HCS fastback. It is my understanding that there were only 1 or 2 of each made.

Dave

Dave, that is not true. I don't have time this week to flip thru the registry to address this, but do know there are several of each of these '66 and '67 cars in the registry to date. I'll look it soon. Bob here!