• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Reno NV. MCA national show

rvrtrash

Yes, it can be installed on any 289 or 302 engine of the 60's/70's era. With a stock pulley it will produce about 6 pounds of boost at 6,000 rpm. Recommend you go to a 600 CFM Holley to dial it in. It will work with a stock camshaft, but a set of shorty headers, or Tri-Y's, or long tube headers would be very helpful.

Huge power increase when properly dialed in. Get ready for transmission upgrades and a stronger rear end if you drive it hard.

I had one on a basic 289 with an upgraded automatic and 3.80 gears in my first Mustang. I put on a smaller pulley and spun it up to 9 ponds of boost at 6,000 rpm. A local guy with a 72 Camaro and 454 learned all about my tail lights one night at our local quarter mile. He was not happy....

Rob

I would also recommend, for the sake of longevity, forged pistons instead of the factory cast, and compression under 8.5:1.

Steve