• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

so much for Limited production runs

albegtcs

Well now I don't feel so bad . It would appear the "bullit" option is available for the 2009 model year. So It would seem that none of the specialty mustang are to be produced for only one model year. I wonder how many folks bought a 2008 "bullit " mustang thinking they would have a collectors car with limited availabliity. Probebly the same way many of us felt when the GT/CS was available for 2008 and 09 :icon_lol:

On another note. This months Mustang times which is the mustang club of america magazine has a excellent article about the 68 GT/CS

http://www.mustangevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/2009mustangorderingguide.pdf

miller511

Yep, I've come to grips with it.

If they sell well, Ford will make more.

aemoo28

Grrrrr.

Wait, I have an idea: What if we all wait until they stop producing the new GT/CSs. Then we each buy 2-3 of them. Park them so they are hidden. Then we can monopolize the Ford market right back at them!

I want a Rimfire Red '07 CS and an '08 black vert CS. Let's store them all together in rvrtrash's stable!!

aemoo28

Sure! I'll just wait till I graduate (again) this June & use my graduation bonus
($500) (again) like Ford said I could! RNs make a lot of money, so can I pick you up another car too? Windveil Blue would look nice in your pic!

P

PNewitt

I wonder how many folks bought a 2008 "bullit " mustang thinking they would have a collectors car with limited availabliity. Probebly the same way many of us felt when the GT/CS was available for 2008 and 09 :icon_lol:

If you divide the Bullitt Production, 7700 for '08 by 50 states (roughly), you're looking at 150 cars per state. More for Calif, or course.

That's pretty low. Even if it's two years, that's 300 cars per state, total.

Thanks for the compliment on the article...Casey carried the weight on that one, tho'...

PMN

P

PNewitt

Yes, many of those numbers will be in the book....as much as Ford is willing to share with me.

There will be a dedicated chapter to the '07-'09 GT/CS..

PMN

wally05

actually, ford is only finishing the 7,700 car run (7k for the usa, 700 for canada), they are not continuing it for the full year. So, it's still limited. They are only doing it due to the production problems faced from Dec. through late February. :)

P

PNewitt

Too bad they aren't making any Bullitt convertibles.

THAT would be interesting...and add the Shelby "roll bar" (light bar).

Maybe someone will make their own custom one from current parts.

PMN