• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tech - EARTH TO oz

gt bandit

crew,

i don't consider this OT so i am posting here and wait to be moderated if required.

Just wanna provide a thank you Note to Jayscal for the Info on upgrading the Earth properties of my Tail light housings. This is Ideal Information on an Upgrade to a item on the GT/CS that is not that special from the factory. I am keen to find out Jay how the Al-foil is holding up.

Perkichiro - Information you posted in the resto section was also helpful.

thanks and i look forward to the GTCS tech section incorporating this Info to help alleviate the long searching and reading of topics i did to reach this information.

either way I am happy - thanks again

Oh can Perk advise if these are the sockets you used?
#8534 (PS-34)
Ford
Ford Socket
Weatherproof stop,tail,turn and park double contact assy with neoprene boot. Fits most Ford products. ( For single contact assy of similar type use PS-33)
Use w/Bulb Nos. 198,1016,1034,1154,1157

shaun

Last edited:

Perkchiro

Shaun: Yes, those were the sockets I used: #8534 (PS-34). Glad you found the info helpful. When I initially encountered the problem with my lights I was lost to find a solution. The procedure I described in the Tech section was from my own experience, so others may have better ideas. That's what is great about this board, many experienced CS owners with information and a willingness to share it.

Steve in Missouri

Jayscal

I am glad that my little tech article helped you out. As far as the foil inside the tail lights goes, mine are holding up great. I know it is not the kinda fix the guys with big bucks and concours cars like, but it works and makes the lights brighter. It's a good temporary fix till you can find a set of new old stock parts.