• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Temp control cable

franklinair

I'm trying to find a 'temperature control cable' for my CS with factory A/C. It runs from the control panel to the A/C-Heater unit under the dash.
I could swear I've seen it listed in some suppliers' catalogs, but I can't seem to find it now. Any ideas?

Neil

murf104

Neil, I just put one in this afternoon. It came from NPD. The little plastic anchor was broken on the original. I taped the heater box end of the new to the control end of the old cable and pulled it from control side to the heater box side. A little wiggle now and then and it went right in. Easier than I thought. Also put in new flexible A. C. tube to control outlet. Will check in the shop wastebasket tomorrow if you haven't found the part number by then.