• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. wives tales or not?

Mosesatm

Moth balls work. I found that the electronic devices didn't work for me at my vacation place for rats and mice, and they stole the Decon out from under the fridge and stacked it neatly in a pile under my pillow.

~~~~Donna

So they tried to poison you with your own poison. Or were they just sending you a message?

Sly little devils. We may be underestimating them!

PonyGal

...You don't understand! This is the "Raccoon Mafia - the most powerful of the five families operating in all of Alta Sierra!

Believe me, I've seen Tim's "Raccoon Mafia! Feeding them is probably the best thing for him to do if he wants 'peace and quiet'!!!

Stacey Enderle

Moth balls do work

Moth balls work. I found that the electronic devices didn't work for me at my vacation place for rats and mice, and they stole the Decon out from under the fridge and stacked it neatly in a pile under my pillow.

~~~~Donna

I used mothballs in mine and that worked. The only problem is that you have to keep them replenished every so often as they vaporize away and if you don't mind the moth ball smell. It works pretty slick.

Stacey

Diesel Donna

So they tried to poison you with your own poison. Or were they just sending you a message?

Sly little devils. We may be underestimating them!

Well THEY are finally gone :icon_dead and I'm still here! :grin:

dpheyes

XL critters

So. Rhonda,

Besides the usual suspects (mice, rats, feral cats, foxes), we have these XL critters. They weigh in at 400-1200 pounds, and are able to open cars doors and windows, although not the way we'd like! There are more than 10,000 of the rascals here on the island, just about one for every person! And they're a real bear to live trap!

Attachments

• Tonsofbears3bbc.jpg
    Tonsofbears3bbc.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 34

Mustanglvr

How lucky you are! Love the picture! They are most beautiful frolicking in their own habitat. I`m sure it`s hard for a wild animal such as a bear to understand that they are in a world that is getting more and more populated, not with just other animals, but with humans too. I think relocation would be a good idea if these bears are getting into trouble with humans, since humans are never going to back off from taking over the land. There are humane ways to relocate wild animals if needed.