• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS S CODE 390 4 SPEED RED OVER BLACK

one2speed

Ok, to clear the air on this car. I am not a flipper. I have always loved California Specials, Mustangs and Shelbys. I even pulled Paul Newett over in his 390 GT/CS back in the day when I was a police officer in his home town. I have owned 4 California Specials over the past 40 plus years. All were 289 cars and they just did not appeal to me in the performance arena. I have always looked for a 390 4 speed car but the price was always out of reach until I finally retired. This was Al Pages 390 4 speed California Special out of Canada. I purchased this car a little over a year ago and actually had a 69 Shelby GT500 Survivor car at the time. After purchasing the car I sold the Shelby and kept the GT/CS. I showed it for over a year and enjoyed it. My health declined last year and the doctors could not figure out the problem until January of this year when I was diagnosed with Hydrocephalus (build up of spinal fluid from the ventricles in the brain causing excess pressure). I was loosing memory, strength to pull myself up out of chair, and my ability to walk and balance was affected. I did not want my wife to have a burden of selling all my cars so I listed the GT/CS for sale. I had brain surgery last month and I have improved 95% so far. I have decided to continue the sale of this car and several other mustangs (69 S code convertible)(72 mustang project convertible) but I do not tend on giving them away. I have had offers on this car at $50k but felt she was worth a bit more (at least to me she is and I was not willing to give her away just yet). She is currently on Ebay as someone has mentioned. I confirmed the engine block to have the vin stamped in the back that matches the cars vin. It is a very nice driving car as you can see in the video posted of me driving her. SO am I a flipper (no I would say not), Do I need to sell this beautiful car (No I don't really but would like to), am I giving her away (No way, I think I am willing to negotiate at a reasonable price in case I ever want to get another one.)

Attachments

• 20221109_144446.jpg
    20221109_144446.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 88
  • 20221109_144108.jpg
    20221109_144108.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 87

pbstallone

Ok, to clear the air on this car. I am not a flipper. I have always loved California Specials, Mustangs and Shelbys. I even pulled Paul Newett over in his 390 GT/CS back in the day when I was a police officer in his home town. I have owned 4 California Specials over the past 40 plus years. All were 289 cars and they just did not appeal to me in the performance arena. I have always looked for a 390 4 speed car but the price was always out of reach until I finally retired. This was Al Pages 390 4 speed California Special out of Canada. I purchased this car a little over a year ago and actually had a 69 Shelby GT500 Survivor car at the time. After purchasing the car I sold the Shelby and kept the GT/CS. I showed it for over a year and enjoyed it. My health declined last year and the doctors could not figure out the problem until January of this year when I was diagnosed with Hydrocephalus (build up of spinal fluid from the ventricles in the brain causing excess pressure). I was loosing memory, strength to pull myself up out of chair, and my ability to walk and balance was affected. I did not want my wife to have a burden of selling all my cars so I listed the GT/CS for sale. I had brain surgery last month and I have improved 95% so far. I have decided to continue the sale of this car and several other mustangs (69 S code convertible)(72 mustang project convertible) but I do not tend on giving them away. I have had offers on this car at $50k but felt she was worth a bit more (at least to me she is and I was not willing to give her away just yet). She is currently on Ebay as someone has mentioned. I confirmed the engine block to have the vin stamped in the back that matches the cars vin. It is a very nice driving car as you can see in the video posted of me driving her. SO am I a flipper (no I would say not), Do I need to sell this beautiful car (No I don't really but would like to), am I giving her away (No way, I think I am willing to negotiate at a reasonable price in case I ever want to get another one.)
I would love to talk to you about this car. I have been admiring it for awhile now.

rvrtrash

Sorry to hear about your health issues and prayers for a full recovery.

Ricky Knapik

From one 390 to another, glad you're doing better! Cruise that baby till you sell her. I agree, $50k a little short right now.

DanTeets

Sorry to read of your health issues but very happy to know you’re recovering. By strange coincidence my Aunt was just diagnosed with the same condition and we are seeking treatment now.

I agree with Neil on min $60k. I sold a HCS x-code auto last year for $55k to a very close family friend and feel he made out pretty good.

di81977

Sorry to read of your health issues but very happy to know you’re recovering. By strange coincidence my Aunt was just diagnosed with the same condition and we are seeking treatment now.

I agree with Neil on min $60k. I sold a HCS x-code auto last year for $55k to a very close family friend and feel he made out pretty good.
Am I remembering correctly, that was the only HCS X code?

OP
OP
O

one2speed

Thank you all for kind thoughts of recovery. I am recovering quickly with only issues of minor headaches at this point. I have gotten my strength and balance back and can walk pretty good. If anyone wishes to reach out to me about my car they can contact me at my email address and I can provide them with a contact number. machcopper@yahoo.com

OP
OP
O

one2speed

Dan, I am about 95% recovered. Still have some minor headaches which I never had before but everything else is working better and I feel great. Brain surgery is not that bad!! Hate the lump on the side of my head from the shunt though.