• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Taillight cover screws

dalorzo_f

Did the screws the hold the 6 "cupped" metal panels to protect the taillight wiring get the grey plastic protectors on the screw tips in the trunk, as were used on the standard 68's?

somethingspecial

Yes

Yes they did, here is a pic of an original, untouched car.

Attachments

• 101_2866.jpg
    101_2866.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 55

CougarCJ

Yes they did, here is a pic of an original, untouched car.

Mike, I believe that you are correct on the protective caps for the screws. But, I do not think that the over spray on the round light protectors is original.

somethingspecial

Mike, I believe that you are correct on the protective caps for the screws. But, I do not think that the over spray on the round light protectors is original.

I know Scott, I noticed it after I posted the photo. The car trunk was not touched, but the car had been hit in the front, with a respray. As you can see, the overspray in the trunck is even on the screw covers, indicating the covers ARE original. This car is one of the first 200 CS cars. Thanks for keeping me on my toes, what I have left anyways. LOL