• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

100 Club

Mosesatm

Bill and Jason have you guys heard of the 100 Club? It seems to be a good cause and the window stickers might come in handy some day.

I think the website is www.100club.com

mmillstx

I believe that the 100 club is regional. And yes, it does come in quite handy. Not only has it saved me a few speeding tickets, but the widow decal for the front door of my a/c business has also been a great boost.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Hot Dang, another Housoner, Housonite, Houstonian....another person from Houston!!!

To make sure you are up to speed with the Houston GT/CS scene here it is in a nutshell:
Bill (Kingwood) and I (Humble) are restoring his GT/CS in his garage. Going to start bodywork Saturday.

I'm looking for a GT/CS to purchase.

Jason (not sure what part of town he's from. Obviously someplace that allows a lot of cars parked outside.) buys all of them before I have a chance and he hangs out at the Sam's club parking lot @ 10 & 6 on Saturday nights.

There you have it. Welcome aboard.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Mike, I just read some of your old posts. Did you ever find the one Lucas light you were looking for? If not, there is one light on ebay right now...perfect condition.

We need to all meet at Sam's on of these nights, or at Bill's so we can get some work done on his car (pronounced, "shell") and get him on the road.

mmillstx

Moses,

I usually just lie in the weeds and let everyone else hash up the subjects. I am in Clear Lake and just about have my gt/cs ready to go out to paint and body.(that is if it will be a long HOT summer, let's all hope) It was a basket case when I bought her, but everything mechanically has been done. Maybe by the end of the summer, she will be ready for appearances.

Mike

P.s. Who else is out there in the grater Houston area?

mmillstx

I guess that I really didn't answer your question...I still have not found a lucas light, but I had been focusing on the engine and tranny of the car. I will resume my search when she is closer to being on the road. Thanks.

nfrntau

Hey Mike,
Nice to hear from you again. Kind-of wondered if you were still around.
The 100 club is 50-50 for getting out of tickets. My Brother in law has had a cop flat out ask him, did you buy that sticker, when he answered yes, the cop said thanks for supporting us have a nice evening.
Me on the other hand, middle of the week, 3 am, sober, no traffic and yep! I still got the ticket.
Oh and yes it's a regional thing.
Supporting the local police is always a good idea. If you are purchasing a new sticker each year, and plan on doing so for many more years they offer a life time membership for about a thousand bucks and send you a new sticker every year. (they will send you one for as many cars as you have so you can put one on each)

390cs68rcode

I am a member of the 100 club (for 4-5 years so far). I have the stickers on all my modern cars and motorcycle. I also carry around the membership card next to my insurance.

On a side note about the 100 club. If you look at their website and see one of the founders who is William A Smith. Mr. Smith was a family friend and even gave me a full scholarship to college when I was 13. Nicest guy you could have ever met. Very well known in Houston in the 40's through 80's.

I am going to upgrade my membership to the lifetime one this year or next.

for the record I live in Bunker Hill Village (Memorial drive and Bunker Hill).