• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th anniversary GT/CS event

limelyt

Ok we can't wait. We have to let you guys in on this as long as you keep it a secret as we compete against other car club like Chevy, Mopar etc. for prize money. This February 21-23 at the Calgary World of Wheels our club display will be a tribute to the GT/CS "CALIFORNIA DREAMIN'" 40th Anniversay. Below you will find the logo, display layout and details of the display wall. We will send more photos and information after the show. The design show cases all that is California including walk of stars (Shelby, BOSS, MACH 1 and of course GT/SC) and even a red carpet the old style cameras and lights. Oh, and of course palm trees.

We (ALBERTA MUSTANGS AUTO CLUB) have won 1st place for the last three years and our members come out in droves to work and chat in the winter for the builds.

The three car you see in the front row are the same three cars in the calendar for the month of February.

Wish us luck!

Attachments

• LOGO .jpg
    LOGO .jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 21
  • wall layout1.jpg
    wall layout1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 41
  • wall layout.jpg
    wall layout.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 2008-01-20 002.jpg
    2008-01-20 002.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 26
  • 2008-01-20 007.jpg
    2008-01-20 007.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
P

PNewitt

WOW! How cool! Please thank everyone for me for honoring our favorite Mustang!!

(One small thing, tho'....make sure that it's GT/CS, not "SC"... It's probably just an oversight from all the excitement).

Again, thanks for all of this, and for bringing it to our attention!

Paul N.

obwan93001

That's great!

Very cool to see the GT/CS celebrated so much by our neigbors up in the Great White North eh! Keep up the great work and thanks for the post!

spoiler

Gary I will be there to check out the display . Since I have became a GT/CS owner in the last week I will have a million questions on details . I found my car in Red Deer parked for 28 yrs a cool find! Reg

OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

Reg

I met someone in Great Falls at the Mustang International that owned a calspec last September and was planning on restoring it, I wonder if it's the same one. anyway see you at the show

Gary

OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

here is the photos of the show. The red carpet was for the academy awards and the stars were for the walk of stars along with other images of California

Gary

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

here a couple others. It was a great show and a lot of interrest was generated with the Calspecs

Gary

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 21