• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Another one found!

Ricky Knapik

My friend Chris send me a pic Friday night saying "look what I found". I met Chris a few years ago when he had a 1968 HCS for sale on ebay and I realized he was right here in Decatur, IL. Since then, he did a 68 GT/CS as well. How does a guy in Central Illinois end up with his 3rd HSC/GTCS project? 🤯 Lady luck has been kind to him! This one he pulled put of a warehouse in the Chicago area where it has sat since 1996. It was purchased in California, put in the warehouse, and not moved since. It still has a Cali title! It's not in the registry! When I went to Chris's last night, he was already tearing it apart for the resto!

Attachments

• Chris's GTCS.jpg
    Chris's GTCS.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Chris's vin.jpg
    Chris's vin.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 82
  • Chris's interior.jpg
    Chris's interior.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Chris's grille.jpeg
    Chris's grille.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

Is the radiator support welded?
Hmmm, good catch. I didn't notice it in person. I'll have to find out. I can tell you the under body is straight as can be. No rust at all! He'll replace the L/R 1/4 and trunk drop, and that's it.

OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

For you experts out there, did they ever come with a moulding on the body line? Zoom in, someone def drilled 1/4 inch holes down the body line and added moulding.

Bobsdad

Ricky, do you have any details on where the warehouse was? I live in the area and would love to know where this was all these years.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

Ricky, do you have any details on where the warehouse was? I live in the area and would love to know where this was all these years.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I'll see if I can get more info. My friend actually went to buy a Torino from there. He knew the guy had several cars, but didn't know he had a CS. It was hiding in the corner with just a Lucas peeping through. The focus quickly turned off the Torino!

ford man chris

My friend Chris send me a pic Friday night saying "look what I found". I met Chris a few years ago when he had a 1968 HCS for sale on ebay and I realized he was right here in Decatur, IL. Since then, he did a 68 GT/CS as well. How does a guy in Central Illinois end up with his 3rd HSC/GTCS project? 🤯 Lady luck has been kind to him! This one he pulled put of a warehouse in the Chicago area where it has sat since 1996. It was purchased in California, put in the warehouse, and not moved since. It still has a Cali title! It's not in the registry! When I went to Chris's last night, he was already tearing it apart for the resto!