• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anyone Looking for a '68 Convertible?

franklinair

The ad sez 'Tan' interior. Looks like Parchment to me.

Neil:lipsseal:

CougarCJ

I agree, it is a very sharp looking convertible.

I thought that real 1968 Mustang GT's received 9 inch rear ends?

Something must have happened to it during that 'frame off' restoration. :grin:

Hmm, and no Marti Report to show provenance.

Midnight Special

...Sharp looking car indeed and a pretty impressive pitch. I like the last paragraph best ;-)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THIS 1967 CORVETTE COUPE HAS JUST BEEN LISTED LOCALLY HERE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO STOP THE AUCTION AT ANY TIME. THIS CLASSIC CORVETTE IS BEING SOLD IN AS-IS CONDITION WITH NO GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED

[/FONT]'Makes you wonder if the description is likewise [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AS-IS CONDITION WITH NO GUARANTEES....[/FONT]

Ruppstang

I think all big blocks did but had to be ordered on a small block. I rather doubt that the seller was the restorer.

Russ

Cougar CJ, You are correct about the nine inch rear end. The 8 inch rear end came with the 289-302 non-GT cars, but when you ordered the GT package, the 9 inch was standard, as was a 302 or larger displacement engine. With an automatic trans, the 3.25:1 ratio was standard.

Marty, Wouldn't you like to judge this car??
Russ

Ruppstang

You know this rear axel question has bugged me all weekend. I read through all stuff I had and found that the 9 inch axel is defiantly not part of the GT equiptment group but thought it may have been included with the J code option. I looked and looked and could not find anything to substantiate that theory. I finely gave up and called Pete Morgan the MCA asstistant national head judge for 67-68s. He agrees that it was not part of the GT equiptment and says that J codes had 8 rear axels unless they ordered a limited slip axel then it would have had the 9 inch. That was fun to learn a little more about that.
Actualy you had to order a 4v V8 engine in 68 to qualify to purchase the GT equiptment group not the other way around. Marty