• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Console value

franklinair

I'm contemplating selling a 1968 Lower Console. I don't normally sell parts but am curious about their value. It's a good 'driver' condition unit and would include the A/T Shifter which is necessary for a console (NPD lists that price of $195). I'd appreciate any opinions before I list it.

Neil

Attachments

• Console.jpg
    Console.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 30

CaliStang68

I'm contemplating selling a 1968 Lower Console. I don't normally sell parts but am curious about their value. It's a good 'driver' condition unit and would include the A/T Shifter which is necessary for a console (NPD lists that price of $195). I'd appreciate any opinions before I list it.

Neil
Neil,
Is it just the console housing and the shifter? A pic would be nice if possible.

cmacias24

Good ones sell for $600-1,000. The tricky part is shipping them because they have to be packed carefully and pricey to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky Knapik

I purchased one about 2 years ago that was advertised as pristine. My car being a manual makes it even harder to find. It came in a very well packed wooden crate, but was not in the condition it was advertised in. He did take it back, but I had to eat the shipping and restocking fee. I paid $1000, and it cost me $200 to ship it back. That's the last time I try that! And the guy was a prick! Some guy in FL selling Mustang parts. Cant remember his name, but bad businessman! I even told him on the phone if it's not perfect I dont want it. Then when I call to say it's not as advertised, he says what do you want for 50+ years old. UGH!

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

This unit has a few cracks in the lower plastic base, but as I mentioned it's OK for a driver. I'll probably just leave it on the shelf. Just curious about potential value.

Neil

Attachments

• CONSOLE.jpg
    CONSOLE.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 40