• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Cost of Lucas lights

murf104

One of my Lucas lenses has a "bullet hole" from a rock, still functions but things such as that are bothersome. Where can I pick up a lens and what should I expect to pay? Have always used the black protective covers since buying the car but removed them while drying off the vehicle after a wash job and you can guess what happened. Looking for advice on price and a reputable or known reliable source. Thanks!

Mosesatm

One of my Lucas lenses has a "bullet hole" from a rock, still functions but things such as that are bothersome. Where can I pick up a lens and what should I expect to pay? Have always used the black protective covers since buying the car but removed them while drying off the vehicle after a wash job and you can guess what happened. Looking for advice on price and a reputable or known reliable source. Thanks!

Do you want NOS or driver quality?

OP
OP
M

murf104

A price quote for either or both would be helpful since I have no clue how valuable these things are. The one I have is functional so it is not a "must have", just a "would like to have". If they are "million dollar" items the one with the rock chip can stay with me forever, just wanted to have an idea of a fair price for a replacement. I was not aware that there were still NOS lenses available. Not looking to steal one but do want to be taken advantage of either.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

A price quote for either or both would be helpful since I have no clue how valuable these things are. The one I have is functional so it is not a "must have", just a "would like to have". If they are "million dollar" items the one with the rock chip can stay with me forever, just wanted to have an idea of a fair price for a replacement. I was not aware that there were still NOS lenses available. Not looking to steal one but do want to be taken advantage of either.

If you're patient one will eventually show up on eBay for around $25 (NOS).

I may have an extra driver-quality lens at home but I won't be there for a couple weeks to check. If I have one I'll just send it to you, no charge.

ETA: Here's a complete NOS lens and reflector that went for $55.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Luca...ryZ33709QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

murf104

I will be happy to purchase your lens. Driver quality is OK with me, just hate to have one with the little hole and crack in it. Sent you a PM, and thanks