• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Deluxe Interior Upgrade

Mosesatm

While running some numbers to see if I want to install a deluxe interior in my car I hit a few issues.
- Did the deluxe interior include the lower door grilles? Speakers? Lights?
- Did it include the metal steering wheel pad insert? Does anyone reproduce the insert?
- Does anyone reproduce the rear quarter trim caps (see photo)?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN5039.JPG
    DSCN5039.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 56

Pony Paddock

On the quarter trim cabs in the picture.. I know I purchased some a couple of years ago along with all the door rubber from a company I believe was Metro or similarly named? Sorry I am traveling or I would go dig through receipts and give you the full name.

Have you tried like a Rock auto or NPD perhaps?

franklinair

While running some numbers to see if I want to install a deluxe interior in my car I hit a few issues.
- Did the deluxe interior include the lower door grilles? Speakers? Lights?
- Did it include the metal steering wheel pad insert? Does anyone reproduce the insert?
- Does anyone reproduce the rear quarter trim caps (see photo)?

Thanks
I do my own version of a Deluxe interior:
Yes, I believe the consoles are part of the Deluxe package. I have installed both and in one GT/CS just the lower console. Same for the Door Grills, but I didn't install the speakers or lights ( I used speaker kick panels for better sound quality, and the under-dash courtesy lights are fine).
I also used the Standard Armrests because I think the Deluxe ones are too big & bulky.
The woodgrain dash panels are complimented with the woodgrain steering wheel (metal) insert. You can also get the woodgrain steering wheel for many $$$.
And headrests- I like headrests.
I haven't seen the rear quarter trim caps in years.
I also installed a custom GT/CS emblem above the glove box.
Here are some photos of my attempts to jazz up the interior without going too far astray:

Neil

Attachments

• DSC_7295b.jpg
    DSC_7295b.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 74
  • ALL PHOTOS 261.JPG
    ALL PHOTOS 261.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 73
  • ALL PHOTOS 259.JPG
    ALL PHOTOS 259.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0260.JPG
    IMG_0260.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Ruppstang

The lower console and deluxe seat belts are not part of the deluxe interior. The caps and metal wheel insert are tough to find.

CougarCJ

The caps have a Cougar part number associated with them. They were used on all 1967-68 XR7 models as well as Deluxe Mustang interiors. We are currently out of stock on one or the other sides. Spendy little buggers, about $35 per side used.
Also included would be a faux leather wrapped shifter handle for deluxe interiors.

wallace

Can you convert your black camera case a/c vents, switch, center vent to woodgrain easily or do you have to find original ones to restore? Thanks, Wallace

franklinair

In my photos above, I show a Standard armrest installed on the Deluxe door panel. The Deluxe armrests seem too bulky for me.
Also, others show '69 Headrests installed (on '69 seatbacks)

Neil

cmacias24

Arlie,
I’d gladly give you these, if you’re interested.
bfdd0d00a2fd71f1a6c780a5f88d1b17.jpg

Cesar
4b443630bac7c6c92be751ab0699dd39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Cesar,
I can certainly use one of your extra passenger side ones!! I have two for the driver side.

Thanks

cmacias24

Sounds good. I’ll ship them tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk