• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Electrical questions

whodat

If the hood is not closed will the hood blinkers work?
One of the horns will not work like it’s shorted out. But the right horn won’t blow at the steering wheel.
I ordered parts to try. I touch the horn insulator connectors to no avail, but if I direct connection to the battery it sounds.
Does anyone use the spades on the back of the cigg lighter for power source? I used it for my map lights.
Any help would be appreciated on these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

Also I have a aftermarket Scott Drake clock. Does the dial do anything?

speedy02

1. Yes, The hood blinker will work with the hood open.
2. Horn Wiring Diagram https://www.peterfranza.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/E6.jpg
3. You may have an ignition accessory wire down by your fuse box. Yellow 3 female plug picture below.
4. I thought the dial was how you set the clock.

p1040992-jpg.91358

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

So the only problem still persistent is the hood lights not blinking. We think its a ground issue.

Mosesatm

Those wires under the hood get hot and brittle. Have you replaced them?

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

Yes, all new and housings, but I changed back to the old housing. We put a alligator clip on the light that goes into the housing and two ground and it blinks so we know we have a ground problem, but we are trying to make it work by possibly grounding the light sockets.

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

Yes, all new and housings, but I changed back to the old housing. We put a alligator clip on the light that goes into the housing and to ground and it blinks so we know we have a ground problem, but we are trying to make it work by possibly grounding the light sockets.

Restore

If you have a new hood wiring harness and you have its ground in place, then I would check ground at that point with your alligator clip to check harness, I would also the hood ground (the little copper clip).

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

If you have a new hood wiring harness and you have its ground in place, then I would check ground at that point with your alligator clip to check harness, I would also the hood ground (the little copper clip).

Ok, thanks. I will check this way too.