• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gremlin at Mecum Monterey

sam

I had a 1972 Ford Maverick Grabber bought brand new. It had a 302CI with 3 speed on the floor. Gotta tell you, she could move out ! I had it 3 years and sold it to a high school kid because I wanted to get a house. Funny..........I gave the kid a little lecture about keeping it as pristine and maintained as I had. He drove off, and I never saw it again ................. wish I had some pictures. Thanks for the memories Arlie.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Attachments

• Pinto.jpg
    Pinto.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

stangfan

I had one of those Pinto Squire wagons back in the day. It was blue and had the 2800cc engine in it. Went pretty good.

Now I'd take an AMX any day of the week. Always liked them! :grin:

robert campbell

I had one of those Pinto Squire wagons back in the day. It was blue and had the 2800cc engine in it. Went pretty good.

2,000 cc and 2,300 cc were the American versions!!! Those engines are the foundation of "Indy Light" race cars and some of the best engines ever made. Unlike the Vega motor of the same era....

Rob

robert campbell

I have a local guy near me (Seattle area) with a large collection of AMX and Javelin's. And they are for sale!!

Rob

stangfan

2,000 cc and 2,300 cc were the American versions!!! Those engines are the foundation of "Indy Light" race cars and some of the best engines ever made. Unlike the Vega motor of the same era....

Rob

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. I was sure the Pinto had the 2800cc engine. I thought it was a european engine.

CougarCJ

There was a V6 engine available in the Pinto, I believe that it was the German 2.8, same as found in Mercury Capri.

Midnight Special

...We had three Gremlins. Mom & Sis each had the six-bangers and my oldest bro had a yellow Gremlin X, 304 3-spd. That 'X' was a real performer that won many neighborhood cat & mouse ralleys while smokin' a lot of other small block muscle on acceleration. He had amassed close to 300K miles on it before being totaled by a red light runner in San Francisco...

'Wish I had a picture of it.