• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS finally at my shop!

wally05

Okay, I finally got it running pretty well and drove it an hour to my fave resto shop (with no problems, great car, broadwayblue!). STill amazes me how people drive in the newer cars. If you tried the same stuff in this thing you'd kill yourself!

I took it in to have their carb guy help me dial everything in just right, go through all the mechanicals and do a safety check of everything, and assess any damage there might be to the body that I can't see. The main thing is the rear main seal fix. They said they are pretty good with doing it in car, so that should keep labor way down. The last problem has been the exhaust. He said when I drove it in, it sounded like a clogged muffler. I was going to go a diff. route with the exhaust anyway. :) They were very impressed with the car, though.

Also, for you cougar guys, they were detailing a beautiful XR-7 when I came into their shop... freaking gorgeous! I just thought I'd update you all on what's been going on. I've done a lot work to the car and I've driven it quite a bit. I absolutely love it... except when ppl crane their neck so much to see it that they almost cause a pileup!

HappyHour

Hey Wally05 did I miss something? What happened to your CS after you bought it? Did I miss a thread or are you just getting it checked out?

IM heading down to SoCal tomorrow to look over my CS as well (keeping in SoCal for now) and maybe drive it out to Orange County if everything checks out.

Robert

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Haha, nope, you didn't miss anything. It's a habit that when I buy a car, I have it checked out by my mechanic (guy is great!) to make sure everything is kosher and to maybe get a list of stuff down if something is not right. The old holley carb was shot, so I had to replace it, so it needs dialed in and I'm not the best at it. I"m close, but not close enough. And the exhaust needs a little work, but nothing major. :) I just wanted to update since I haven't been on here awhile.

HappyHour

Gotcha...same here Im swinging down to checkon my CS and would love to get it thoroughtly inspected (after I did basic) but dont have a mechanic in San Bernardino Riverside that specializes in classics. Anyone?? :sad:

I got the arm on the window, wind in the hair part dialed in, and I got a big problem with this lead foot thing. :grin: