• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GTCS 390 S Code on Ebay

68gt390

Will be interesting to see where this one goes. From looking at the pictures, I wish they were larger, it looks like someone has done some tricks to the wiring just below the steering colum so you may need a new wiring harness. Plus, the back looks like it may be painted silver. Sounds like a pretty good car with just a few minor things to fix. One would not really know though until actually looking and inspecting the car in person. Hey Arlie, it's highland green!!!! :grin: Damn, I wish I had some more garage space.

Don

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
Is Jason on vacation yet?

It's not in the '88 registry.

I think Jason is bidding on it from New Zealand. He`s the high bidder so far. I emailed him about the car earlier today.

coloradoHCS

I was bidding earlier. I am trying to contact the sellar to see the car this Saturday. I am not sure how high I want to go for an automatic as I prefer 4 speed cars, but it is a 390 in Highland green and close to my house. Mark (formally coloradoHCS, don't know what happened there)

390cs68rcode

please if anyone gets a marti on this car please post to this thread. Keeping an eye from half way around the world.

coloradoHCS

I have spoken to the owner and found out that the intake and the carb are aftermarket. The clear coat on the roof is peeling and the interior needs some R&R. The engine has been rebuilt and runs strong. There is no rust. The description leads one to believe that this could be a keeper if it is the real deal. Is DSO 53 Kansas City?

I wonder what this car fully restored would bring in the current market?

The owner ordered the Marti yesterday so it is probably 2 weeks out.

I don't think I will be bidding at the end, the reserve is very high. Double the current bid and you are not there yet.

Mosesatm

If I do the math right it sounds like it's closer to $35K. Seems kinda steep for a no-option car with peeling paint. But then, it is Highland Green!

68gt390

NADA guide list the car for High Retail, non-air at around $28,000 to $29,000. Keep in mind that's a car that should need nothing. Too bad it's not a 4 speed. The fact that a dealership has it instead of a private seller makes it a little tougher to deal on it. Now on the other hand if it doesn't reach the reserve now it's out on the table. It would be worth dealing on since there are some problems that do need attention.

Don

coloradoHCS

The owner stated that he was offering it locally for $37,000. The reserve is set at $35,000. He is selling it for a friend who is indifferent as to whether it sells or not. If he can get over $35K he will sell. If not he will keep it. I thought I would go as high as 20K seeing the work that it needs but I am no where near paying even $30K for it. Oh well the search continues!

68gt390

I'd love to see it sell for $37,000 as it sits. I don't think I could even get that much for mine with a 4 speed at the present time and my car is all over that one. My gut feeling says he's just testing the waters to see what floats to the top. I'm also sure he knows about our site and he's been reading our posts about the car. If he doesn't then that's his loss. :eek:

Don