• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

HC for sale

murf104

Can anyone make sense of the relationships of date to VIN? Seems like this should have been built in late January or early Feb. Also does this indicate a 3 speed. VIN plate is not readable on my screen - can anyone tell me exactly what the #s are on the plate from the photo? Murf

hookedtrout

[quote author=murf104 link=board=3;threadid=977;start=0#msg5459 date=1087945107]
Can anyone make sense of the relationships of date to VIN? Seems like this should have been built in late January or early Feb. Also does this indicate a 3 speed. VIN plate is not readable on my screen - can anyone tell me exactly what the #s are on the plate from the photo? Murf
[/quote]

I can't read it either, to blurry.

Hook

DSO51

I can not read the data plate either; however, the build timeframe would be consistent with when it should have rolled off the line.
Being a "03U" date code would place it in the beginning of July of '68 which would make it fall into the timeframe for a '68 HCS.

Craig Dunn

L8GR868

Hey Guys,
This car was built just before my car. It's the closest production number that I have seen to my Cal. My car has the production date of (July) 03U. However my actual build date was June 20 th confermed by my Marti report. It was built thirteen days ahead of schedule. It was shipped to Oklahoma City were it still is located. My vin is 8R01C168338. Hope that this might help.

murf104

OK: I now have the VIN correct. Had a senior moment or something. Now it all makes sense. I somehow looked at the VIN from cars built in New Jersey. Sorry about the mix up. All is well. Murf

DSO51

This would be an early build for an HCS. I would still like to see the Marti on this one or at least check it out via Mr. Newitt or Mr. Teets. I think, although I would need to check, that the majority of the HCS' had build dates during the middle two weeks of July and not the beginning. But the DSO of 51 would definately make it a HCS.

DSO51