• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hi -Rise Manifold

CalPaul

If I install a Shelby Hi-Rise manifold, will the hood close if I use the factory air -cleaner housing (the big blue unit)?
Thanks

rvrtrash

I can't answer this off-hand, but measure the height of the stock and shelby manifolds, from the deck surface to the top of the carb riser and figure the difference. You can always get a thinner carb spacer to make up some of the difference. The stock Ford one is about 3/4" and a Mr. Gasket solid one is about 1/2". I just did that to put a Eldebrock intake on mine. Hope this helps some.
Steve

OP
OP
C

CalPaul

Thanks Steve. I plan to "measure measure measure" B4 I slam the hood. Thanks for the spacer tip.
Paul

charles

:pHi guys, I have a Shelby Hi-Rise intake on my GT/CS. The serial numbers are marked S2MS 92-- it is a four holer rather than a split plenum. I have told that the four hole design is built for bottom to mid-range rpm's and the split plenum for mid-upper rpm's. Does anyone within SETI'S earshot know anything about this? ET phone home, Captn Kirk out!

case12

If you are not stuck on the stock air cleaner, the shelby "cobra" air cleaner is much thinner (it was an option with other shelby options, like valve covers, etc). That is what I have on my 66 and it just barely fits under the hood, and looks great. Casey