• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Hood Questions

x-codegtcs

OK - so I am preparing to put the hood bumper stops back in and I am wondering if someone with an original GTCS would be willing to measure the OD of the washer that goes under the adjustable bumper stop that is mounted at the joint of the fender aprons and radiator support and confirm the color as zinc, cadmium or yellow cad. Thanks!!!

Also, are the twist lock cut-outs in the hood painted on the inside, or were they cut-out after painting?

Thanks!!!

68sunlitgold

Can't answer the washer question but I do know the hood cut outs for the twist locks where done after the car was painted...so the cut should be bare metal.

Doug

dalorzo_f

Have reference to a 5/16" washer, no finish noted.

Part 44724, standard flat washer, steel, 5/16, .365/.385 ID, .750 OD, .051/.080" thk.

Would not expect zinc dichromate for a non-electrical part, generally ZD is used there. Phosphate and Oil would be my guess.