• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

I want I want...

pfinleyz

Hi all! I am a new member of your great website, discovered while searching for a mustang 4 sale. I am finally ready to buy my dream car-a CS! any leads to CS for sale anywhere in US will be appreciated! (almost any condition) Thanks!

rvrtrash

Well there's always leads to cars for sale in this forum, but there's nothing like looking at one in person. What part of the country are you in so maybe someone can direct you to one that's close?

Steve

Doug

Take your time and do your homework. While you might not think you’ll find the car of your dreams – don’t settle just to get one. I would make a list of what you want color, transmission, engine size, condition and any other thing you can think of. Also use this site and ask questions. I know from recent experience – I almost brought 2 other cars just to get a California Special. It just didn’t feel right and I waited – then through this site found my own CA SP. Let your heart be your guide – and best of luck to you. It will happen.

OP
OP
P

pfinleyz

I am in California, thanks for the replys. My question is, where in the codes can you tell that it is an original California Special? in the sequence #?

BroadwayBlue

Hi!

There is no way to tell from the VIN

The Vin should start with 8R01 but that doesn't tell you it's a Special. The 8R01 will tell you
it's a 68 (8) and was built in San Jose (R) as a coupe (01).

If it doesn't start with 8R01 you know it's definitley not a CS.

To prove it's a CS the only way is to order a Marti Report.
http://www.martiautoworks.com/
The Production report is what you want.
If you find something you're seriously planning on buying pay the $17 for the basic report to confirm.
They'll even fax it to you for an extra $10 if you need it quick. It's well worth the $27 to confirm.
You can always upgrade the report later.

Check out the thread here on Marti Reports if you're not familiar with them.

And Welcome to the Site!!! Good Luck!

Garretc

Thank you for the post. I am looking for a CS as well and the help on this website is greatly appreciated. I am located in the Bay Area so there seems to be more CS here than anywhere else. Any ideas, leads, contacts is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
P

pfinleyz

Garretc-did you see the J code project thread? i just wrote in that i looked at it-it's just north of salinas if you're interested.