• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Interior light won't turn off

gr8hands

My 68 Gt/CS is having lighting issues. I can't get the dome light to turn off when the doors close hence dead batteries. The door switches are working according to my ohm meter. Any ideas? Its the original wiring harness and all the other lighting functions are working fine.

franklinair

Three sources of 12V for the dome lite: the 2 door switches that you've already checked out, and the headlight switch (when you have the dashlights turned to full bright, CCW, then there is a 'click' to turn on the dome light. Maybe you'll be lucky, and find you just have the dome light unknowingly turned ON via the headlight switch. Otherwise, the dome light portion of the headlight switch is probably shorted (closed). Hope this helps.

Neil