• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS Intro

GreenSpark

Hi,
I've owned my 67 Mustang Fastback since 1990 and just went through my second restoration (frame-off this time). My Marti Report showed up the day we shot the paint and I found out that day that my car is a High Country Special. I don't intend to repaint or undo my mods, but I did want to get the car registered and also see if anyone knows how I can get a pair of 67 Fender Badges as well as a template for placing them. I'll start looking through the forums, but figured if anyone knew readily, they could just answer here.

I look forward to sharing Mustang info with y'all.

Cheers,
-GreenSpark
Centreville, VA

franklinair

Bob Teets is our resident expert (and maintains the High Country Special registry).Wow, numberwise, that must be a rare model.
You can send a PM to: hicountrybob, and he should be able to help.
Welcome. Lots of info & help here.

Neil

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site GreenSpark. I just looked through your Garage and that's a great looking fastback. A fastback, S code 390 and an HCS to boot. Very desirable combo!

Too bad about the timing of finding out it's an HCS the day after you painted, but your "no regrets" philosophy is a good one. Maybe when it's time for it's next restoration in 20 yrs!

Yes, contact Bob Teets here on the forum for info on the badges. I don't know that I've ever seen a template for locating them. I'm not sure even the dealers of the day were given very clear instruction on the matter as they tended to show up in some odd places.

robert campbell

Awesome car!! My wife Val and I have a very modified 67 Fastback. Was a 390 GTA auto car. Love the dark green paint. One of my favorite colors!!!

Rob

franklinair

I'm confused:undecided
In the Garage link, the description says 4 speed.
The photo shows an A/T shifter.

Neil

OP
OP
G

GreenSpark

I'm confused:undecided
In the Garage link, the description says 4 speed.
The photo shows an A/T shifter.

Neil

More pictures will show a lot of unfamiliar things (satellite radio, fuel injection, rack and pinion steering...).

When I bought it, it had a 289 and a small block C-6. I went as far as putting the 390 back in, but at 6'4", I don't think I'd have room to work the clutch.

Cheers,
-GreenSpark

robert campbell

Wow!!! Clean clean clean! And lots of cool options. Tilt Away! and then all the new mods! You have loaded this baby up!

What a cool car! Bullitt on steroids!

Rob