• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD Looking for a pair of California Special emblems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratoga

I am restoring a CS, starting with a body shell, seats and running drive train. Everything else is missing. It is a great rust free, dent free clean CA car and I am very excited to restore it!
The biggest issue is locating a set of the California Special emblems. If anyone has a set (used or new), I would like to buy them from you (Please).
Thank you, Randy 33rtgast@gmail.com

franklinair

It seems as there is No Stock for any Mustang vendor, and no word if they will be reproduced.

134.JPG
134.JPG

Jschoony

Please let me know that you got the scripts. I will keep an eye out on the other stuff you are looking for.

OP
OP
Ratoga

Ratoga

Hi, I just received them this morning, thank you! They’re in perfect condition.
Regards, Randy

Ruppstang

Yes, we have some. It looked like you got what you needed from Jschoony.

OP
OP
Ratoga

Ratoga

Yes, I received two new NOS emblems from JSCHOONY. I’d like to have a couple used emblems in case mine get stolen or damaged. I’m told that people will pop them off your car. I also “bought” one used emblem from a scammer (Tom Fazz alias Roger Rogan), but never showed up and no response.

OP
OP
Ratoga

Ratoga

He got my email from my Wanted Ad on the forum. I shouldn’t have posted it in my ad (my mistake). He contacted me via my email, stating he is a “well known” member. He had good pictures but when I asked for his member or name, he diverted the question to the parts. He said the parts were ready to ship, just needed payment ($130 shipping included). I sent him a Zelle payment and then he said he needed another $30 for shipping. I said that I’ll send him a prepaid label for shipping, and that’s when I confirmed the scam…he wouldn’t give his address and his phone number is a text only number.

CougarCJ

Those California Special name plates were produced by ACSCO Products. They produced them for Ford, and continued for many years to Mustang suppliers. I believe that our scripts and Shelby Mustang and Cobra emblems / badges are out of production.
Here is an interesting video featuring Tom McIntyre who was 'The Guy' who presided over ACSCO.

Ruppstang

Thanks, that was great!!
Scott you should post that over on the Concours forum. There are many that would enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.