• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Low profile Air Cleaner?

Sarge

All,

I'm looking for suggestions on a low profile air cleaner. I have a 302 with a Weiand Stealth intake manifold, and a Holley 600 Carb. Also have the MSD Distributor at the front, so I need something that is low/recessed, and not too large that it runs into the disti.

Any thoughts? I currently have the Edelbrock triangular shaped air cleaner, but am not too happy with the looks of it.

Thanks for all thoughts,

Robert

OP
OP
Sarge

Sarge

Rob,
No spacer plate, but the Weiand is a "high rise" intake manifold necessitating the change.
Thanks,
Robert

teamlo

All,

I'm looking for suggestions on a low profile air cleaner. I have a 302 with a Weiand Stealth intake manifold, and a Holley 600 Carb. Also have the MSD Distributor at the front, so I need something that is low/recessed, and not too large that it runs into the disti.

Any thoughts? I currently have the Edelbrock triangular shaped air cleaner, but am not too happy with the looks of it.

Thanks for all thoughts,

Robert

Robert,

I have a 14" K&N drop base air cleaner, chrome lid with a 3" filter. All pieces are brand new and I'm not planning to use it. If you're interested, PM me. It should work well with your application.

Terry

OP
OP
Sarge

Sarge

I didn't specifically see the carbon fiber setup, but the Mustang place in the link Rob added is not too far from me, and I have bought from them before. wouldn't hurt to drive down one day and check in again.

I'm not sure if the standard 14" wide air cleaner will clear the disti, so I think I'm going to hold off a little longer until my restore is a little further along to start measuring parts up.

But, still taking suggestions!

Thanks,

Robert