• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Missing from Registry & Gallery

TraveledGTCS

I hadn't been on the web site for a while and noticed the format had changed for the registry and gallery. When I searched for my entry which was with the earlier format I found out it was no longer listed. I sent a message via the 'contact us' method, but received no answer on my inquiry as to what happened. The vin on my Special is 8R01J157514 which I also supplied when I made my inquiry. I was going to update the entry to include I have now driven my originally owned 1968 California Special GT/CS in all 48 Continential United States. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Traveled,

Sorry. I didn't get a message from you. When did you send it?

Depending on when you were active on the site last the online Registry may not have been in existence. You had probably mailed info directly to Paul Newitt. The online Registry on this site is just another way to get info to Paul, but doesn't reflect all the cars in Paul's registry; just those that have submitted online.

Unfortunately I'm having issues right now with the Registry, so I can't have you submit there until that's fixed. But you can still submit via snail-mail to Paul directly:

Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617-2245

As for the Gallery, the old Gallery is unfortunately gone. I announced it a while ago so people could transfer their photos to the new Gallery, but obviously if you haven't been on the site for a while you wouldn't have seen that.

You can add photos to the new Gallery any time by clicking the "Gallery" link and then "Add/Edit My Gallery" in the upper right.

Hope that helps. Welcome back to the site!

73pony

Jon, I have tried to put pictures in my gallery, but when I try to put the pictures in a little circul appears and after waiting 20 minutes nothing was ever down loaded. What am I doing wrong. Thanks John (73pony)

admin

Staff member
Administrator
John,

My guess is the image files you're trying to upload are too large. Go ahead and email me (see my signature below) one of the files you're uploading and I'll take a look.