• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Monte Carlo Bar

franklinair

Started to install a Monte Carlo bar on my C/S today:rolleyes:
I believed the mounting holes are supposed to line up with the coil spring cover holes that's mounted inside the wheel well. Not even close. Am I way off base, or is this another "quality" import part?
I had already installed an Export Brace with no problem, so I guess I anticipated an easy install with the Monte Carlo bar.

Neil

Mosesatm

If I remember correctly two of the bolts on each side should be the existing spring cover bolts, but another hole needs to be drilled on top of the inner fender, and yes it should fit without modifying the holes.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Exactly the problem- the Monte Carlo bar holes do not line up with the spring cover bolt holes.
I installed one of these many years ago, and didn't have this problem. This one is certainly not useable.

Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Luckily I keep notes: I ordered (from NPD) a 29432-7A. They shipped a 29432-1A ('65/66). Problem solved, they're making it right.

Neil