• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Moog LCA

x-codegtcs

OK - I am trying to finish up my front suspension and cannot get the grease fitting to screw into the Moog lower control arm...anyone else experience this problem? Is there a solution?

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

ugh- that is what I was afraid of...I didn't want to introduce metal shavings into the ball joint. Any suggestions to minimize this issue?

somethingspecial

Use lots of axle grease on the tap, this will capture the chips when you tap. Clean it often and re-grease. Since you are only going in a small distance, you may not have to clean before the job is done. JMHO. Also works well when chasing spark plug threads in heads still on an engine.

dalorzo_f

Place the end of the grease gun to the hole, force as much grease in as you can. Tap. Squeeze the rubber boot and squirt out as much grease as you can. Any shavings will be in it... screw the zerk in and refill.