• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustang I prototype

Does anyone know if anyone has made a replica kit of the Mustang I prototype?? I know its a little off topic, but I have been very interested in it lately.

I've never seen anyone make this car--but it would be a great project. There must be some useful chassis to pull this off. The original had a V6. These--as kit cars would be awesome.

You might consider the Bordinat "Cougar II", which sat on a Cobra 289 chassis, and a sister car that looked simular. They made a model kit of this car, too.

The Mustang II Proto (circa 1964) was cool, and a nose and rear kit would work, and be a customizing project for a convertible 65 or 66.

The 1967/68 Mach One, which was a chopped and customized nose/rear/hatch is something I've always wanted to make myself.

No one has tried any of these. All I've seen are those Fiberfab nosed Mustangs.

PMN

OP
OP
M
I could be wrong, but the orginal Mustang I prototype had a V-4 engine, producing a whopping 89BHP, with a max speed of 120MPH. I'm working on a life sized replica now for myself. I think its going to be great fun, and I've already found a donor chassis with nearly the exact same specs as the mustang I protype. I'll post pictures along the way of the mock up.

OP
OP
M
Here is a picture of the car for anyone who doesn't know what it is.

Attachments

• mustang1.jpg
    mustang1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 14