• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Mustang stories - it's a small world

66hcs-conv

Hi All,

In the late 70's I restored a '65 coupe. In my search for parts, I came across another guy named Dave Spry - also my name! We owned the car for 10 years, and while at a car show with the '65, the original owner came up to me. She had purchased the car brand new in 1965, and she ended up buying it from me! She purchased the car twice.

In 2000 while on a car tour in Iowa, I met a guy (Art) from Lakewood, Colorado. For the past 14 years we have seen each other at car shows around Denver and Estes Park, Colorado. Last Aug. I purchased a 2001 Mustang Cobra Convertible. This past Saturday at a car show I met up with Art again. We were getting reaquainted, and I mentioned we had purchased an '01 Cobra. Art says "we used to own a Cobra convertible, red, with tan top and tan interior. Exactly like our '01. The more we talked, the more we both thought it could be the same car. After comparing the VIN, it is indeed the same car! It is hard to find the past owners of cars, but to have me end up with a car that a friend bought new - incredible!

The Mustangs have been a "it's a small world" experience for me.

Last edited:

g scott

Mustang stories - It's a small world

I'd like to ad my mustang story. Hopefully others will follow. We all like car stories and everyones got 1 or 2.
My short version. In 2007 I learned of a 65 Fastback. It ended up being the same car I fueled up working at a Beacon filling station every weekend while in high school 1968-1972. Same lady owner. Had been setting on blocks under a carport about a mile from my house. I bought it from her then restored it. When I purchased it she asked for a ride in it when completed. I gave her that ride promised. She pass away a month later. I still own the car and think of her everytime I get in it for a run. gary

Northern Pony

I took my GT/CS to a car show in Southern Alberta, a sort of coming home show for the car as it was originally purchased in Lethbridge Alberta. A show attendee was hanging around my car, eventually asked if I was the owner and then went on to say how he had one just like it many years ago. Well talk went on and we finally determined that this was the same car he had once owned. An hour or so later, as I was walking back to my car I noticed a fairly big young man having his picture taken with the car. The fellow shooting the picture was his dad, and the same guy I had talked with earlier about owning the car. Turns out his sons first car ride, coming home after birth was in the back of my car. It can be a small world.
BoB