• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New GT/CS

PFSlim

Okay, I know I am way behind the power curve. However, this past weekend, my cobra club was invited to a local KC dealership to put on a show with the cobra's. Since I don't have mine done yet, I asked to see if I could bring my GT/CS. The cobra club president said "sure" and off Zach and I went to the "show".

Zach really wanted to do a "show" by himself, so I drove the car there, then turned it over to him. He cleaned the car and give the visitors the business about the car.

Once we got there, the dealership decided to park a new GT/CS and a new GT500 next to my car. It was fun and we received alot of compliments about how well I car looked and how much folks liked our car better than the 20 or so cobra's there.

Anyway, at the end Zach asked one of the dealership guys to see if we could test drive the GT500. The guy said no but said he would be honored if we test drove the GT/CS. Well, it was my first time in the new car.

For you new GT/CS owners, congrats on owning a great car!!! I loved the pick up and the way the car handled. Very, very impressive.

Paul

Midnight Special

...What a great day Paul! It's not at all surprising that many admired your '68 over the pack due to its uniqueness, not to mention Zach's showmanship :)

I also know the thrill, performance, handling, excitement and potential the new cars have over our '68s, but I'm going to keep my place behind the "power curve" and admire from outside of the colored flags ;-)

Indeed, we've come a long way and owners of the new cars have much to be proud of. The two compliment each other very nicely IMO.

Attachments

• analogy.jpg
    analogy.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 23

GTCS07

^^^That's a great picture and analogy Tim! Sums it up well. Reminds me of earlier today on the highway when I came up on a '68 GT-500 convertible. As I was admiring it a new GT-500 came by the other way. Both drivers saw each other and waved. I was wondering how many other drivers besides myself realized what a special moment it was?

Midnight Special

Thank you GTCS07.

...My favorite encounters are like the one at Sizzler the other night. My wife, son & I were getting in the car when we were approached by an elderly couple with the woman "lit up like an x-mas tree" ;-) She asked what year my car was, then went on & on about the '65 her dad bought her when she was in high school (in Missoula Montana)... She told of cruising the strip, going w/ friends to the movies and even necking on the surrounding hilltops in that car before selling it to pay for college.

She then said "I haven't thought of those days for a long time until I saw your car!" They both thanked us for driving it and taking the time to listen to their stories :)

Someone had posted about a year ago that among the best contributions we can make is to simply drive and enjoy our CSs. I believe we are only aware of a tiny fraction of the wonderful feelings we generate w/ the masses by doing so. Such is my motivation to keep them in "tip top" and out there as often as possible!
:)

QuarterHorse

^^^That's a great picture and analogy Tim! Sums it up well. Reminds me of earlier today on the highway when I came up on a '68 GT-500 convertible. As I was admiring it a new GT-500 came by the other way. Both drivers saw each other and waved. I was wondering how many other drivers besides myself realized what a special moment it was?

I see this quite often... it is pretty cool. One nice day last week I was driving my stang to work. As I turned the corner, there was a gentleman in a '67 GT350 convertible. We waved to eachother almost simultaneously. I often give a thumbs up to other Mustang owners as they pass me going the other direction.

Wayne Westmoreland

I have always wanted to see a 68 CS in person, but never have. There aren't many in my neck of the woods. The other day I spotted what looked like one.... it had the side scoops and the stripes... or I guess it could have been a clone. I turned around and followed for a bit (in my 07 CS)hoping to get a better look, but the driver was going pretty fast for the streets and I wasn't willing to drive like that through town so I lost him. Now I have one of those "I guess I'll never know" feelings.

I took the Mach1 to get the oil changed Saturday. The place practically shut down while all the guys gathered around to check it out. A stood back a bit and noticed some of the other customers were annoyed that they were waiting and some customers joined in on checking it out. I felt proud when I left there that day.

rvrtrash

We went car shopping today (bought an 08 Escape V6 for the girlfriend) and I took the opportunity to drive a Bullitt. The salesman begged me really. Then he compounded the error by telling me to come to a stop and hit it. The girlfriends only comment was "Wow, that front end really picks up doesn't it." :grin: I have to admit these new cars are amazing. If they'd have been offering the same rebates on the CS that they were for the GT's, I would've bought one today. I need to meditate to regain self control now.

Steve