• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

once again, pls, can I ID a GTCS using only the VIN

urteagajf

hello ,
It is possible to ID a GT/CS using only the VIN. I'M in the process of purchasing one and the serial number is in the high 150, 000 . I thought that they only produced 4 ,000 copies. thanks.

The seller is waiting for me at this time...

JOHN U

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Getting a Marti Report or a Ford CAC report is the only way to verify it by just the VIN. None of us have a list of GT/CS VINs to confirm whether it is or isn't.

PB gtcs

Agreed, we can not tell "for sure" it is a GT/CS, however, it the vin does not have a "R" after the 8, we know for sure it is NOT a GT/CS. Correct?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, that's correct. We can't verify it is a GT/CS, but we can verify some that aren't. The VIN needs to start with 8R01 or it's not a GT/CS.

OP
OP
U

urteagajf

[quote author=admin link=board=1;threadid=1142;start=0#msg6267 date=1098214922]
Yes, that's correct. We can't verify it is a GT/CS, but we can verify some that aren't. The VIN needs to start with 8R01 or it's not a GT/CS.
[/quote]
THANKS, GUYS, I SENT FOR THE REPORT AND THE VIN DOES START WITH 8R01.
IT HAS, I BELIEVE , IRIS RECTANGULAR FOG LAMPS????

68gt390

[quote author=urteagajf link=board=1;threadid=1142;start=0#msg6260 date=1098158483]
hello ,
It is possible to ID a GT/CS using only the VIN. I'M in the process of purchasing one and the serial number is in the high 150, 000 . I thought that they only produced 4 ,000 copies. thanks.

The seller is waiting for me at this time...

JOHN U
[/quote]

The production number really has nothing to do with it being a GT/CS. For example my car has a production number of 156979. The GT/CS cars were not all run back to back. They were mixed throughout the production run for all mustangs produced at San Jose. As stated earlier the only way other than really knowing what your looking at is to get a "MARTI REPORT". The list of options on your car will tell you if it is a true GT/CS.

Don 8)