• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Ongoing Discoveries

robert campbell

I have to have fun!!! What is air conditioning???? I know what a choke is!!! Do you guys have chokes on your cars??

Rob, in the rainy cold NW......

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

We southern boys have to keep our COOL!!:cool:
And yes, we DO have chokes. Sometimes the temp drops below 60...

Neil

hookedtrout

We southern boys have to keep our COOL!!:cool:
And yes, we DO have chokes. Sometimes the temp drops below 60...

Neil

60? That's just insane! It's always my hope the temperature doesn't get above 60, 60 is perfect! Blizzarding in Idaho today, 5 highways closed this afternoon all surrounding me, no AC needed here.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Got the grille & fog lites done this week. Arlie got the Lucas lights for me, and Mike got me the light pedestals. Thanks friends- a BIG help. Had to get new lower grille surround panels. The old ones were buggered. Fortunately the original grille was in excellent condition.
A/C is completed. New carb is set. Pertronix ignition installed.

Neil

Attachments

• MEGAFILE 286.JPG
    MEGAFILE 286.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 45
  • MEGAFILE 285.JPG
    MEGAFILE 285.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 41
  • MEGAFILE 287.JPG
    MEGAFILE 287.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 41
  • MEGAFILE 288.JPG
    MEGAFILE 288.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 36
  • MEGAFILE 289.JPG
    MEGAFILE 289.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

In checking the A/T shift linkage I found that the shift selector rod has a welded section (although the shift selector works OK). The selector & rod function OK, but I don't believe it is correctly routed/positioned. Also there was no kickdown cable installed, and there is no bracket on the C-4 on which to connect it.
Does anyone have a photo/illustration of a C-4 linkage installation? Couldn't find anything in the shop manual.

Neil:confused:

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

More work...
Checking front end suspension, so today I ordered UCA, LCA, springs, swaybar bushings, strutrod bushings. Already had new spring perches, insulators, and shocks in my 'stash'. Tomorrow the fun begins.:eek: Strutrod nuts are always a bear to remove.
Fortunately I have a MOOG spring compressor- much safer than the types you see advertised today.
While I'm in the area I'm going to do the brakes, with new hardware, wheel cylinders, and brake hoses & lines.

Neil, aka 'glutton for punishment'