• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Paul's 96 Registry on Ebay

case12

May I suggest some thoughts for the next book?

1. As has been discussed on the site before, can the cars be authenticated as true CS/HCS's? Kevin Marti may do this for a volume based fee as a part of entering the registry on this next book? This would add credibility, and maybe value to the vehicles and the book.

2. As you have mentioned, more on 'little red' would be great. Maybe color pictures

3. Like in your first book, adding more sections on example build sheets, window stickers, warranty cards, etc would be neat to see some of the authenticity of these vehicles.

4. Maybe a section on the most rare CS/HCS? Like the 428CJ HCS.

5. A listing of all the dealers that sold CS/HCS's would be cool. Would be neat to see where all these cars went. Kevin Marti may provide this for a fee?

6. A section on restoration tips. Maybe even include a section of pictures showing a full restoration like Paul and Brian's car?

7. If the scaled model is coming out soon, maybe Don could get a picture of it for the book?

8. Along with a registry sticker, maybe we can add Doug's idea of the coin and patch that he is working on?

9. It has been discussed a bunch, but maybe more on dealer options vs factory options. It would also be cool to have some interviews from actual factory workers or managers to add some flavor to what happened back then (seems like I remember you saying you had some of these). I also have some old "Ford Times" magazines that show option pricings that I havent seen in other places.

10. Of course, reference to this site link too :)

Has anyone ever talked to Carroll Shelby about these cars, and his view? I will try to do that if I get the chance at the May 28 appearance.

I would also be glad to not just offer ideas, but offer help in certain areas too if needed. Casey

68MustangHCS

I was wondering if these books will be hard bound? I would like to see interesting statistics on these cars, where the cars went to, how many each dealer got, how many are believed to be on the road, etc..

jc68gtcs

Paul, $45 sounds very fair.. Put me on your list. I just picked up one of the old ones for $65.
Can I ask what you charged for the first two. Just Curious..

P

PNewitt

I know that the 1988 book was originally $12.95, and the 1996 Edition was $16.95--I think.

Obviously underpriced (not to sound egocentric)

Paul. ::)