• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Please Help

BigBlockMike

I am new to the forum, but hav been reading through it for a while, What I need help on is finding a california special project in oregon or washington. Any info would help. thx and this is a great website. Been a mustang fan since I was 14 :eek:

rvrtrash

There was one in Spokane that needed a lot of work, but was a driver. The guy wanted $7500 for it, which I thought was a little steep. Needed paint, clutch, trans, rust repair, electrical and was missing the driving lights. Give us some more info on how much of a project you want to get into and your price range. I can see if the guy still has this one if you want. Do you have a engine/trans. or option you prefer?
Steve

rvrtrash

Never mind. I just called the guy and the car has been sold. Sorry.
Steve

deestix

On the Hemmings website, there's a project GT/CS for sale for $4,500 (I just saw the ad earlier this evening). But it's in Missouri. You can at least check out the ad, and call the guy to find out what $4,500 will buy you.

68gt390

Check ebay. There are several CS's there for sale. The ones I have seen are 289 2V cars and myself I think the prices are a little steep. The most recent one which has been relisted reached a price in excess of $15,000 and the reserve still had not been met. Check the web. You'll do much better I think. I bought my CS back in Febuary from a "Dealership" in Seattle and only paid $16,500 for a 390 "S" code with 4 speed. They originally wanted $22,950 for the car. I flew to Seattle and looked at the car and by the time we were done with items that were missing or needed replacement I had the car for a lot less. You just have to be willing to haggle with the seller and be able to walk away if the price is not in your ball park. Don't get me wrong, I love to see the 289 2V cars go for big money, it just makes mine look a lot more attractive. Pictures of my car are on the site listed under Don Potter. Take a look at them and you'll see car is in above average condition. Three of the photo's were sent to me from the dealer and the fourth picture is one I took when I went out to look at the car. I felt that what I paid for it was more than fair and evidently so did the dealer, the car is now in my garage.

Don ;D ;D

Sherri P.

On the Hemmings website, there's a project GT/CS for sale for $4,500 (I just saw the ad earlier this evening). But it's in Missouri. You can at least check out the ad, and call the guy to find out what $4,500 will buy you.

I've talked to this guy. I would be very careful and thoroughly check the car. I would doubt it is a numbers matching. He sounded like he just gets bits and pieces and puts them together. It also would have to be trailered. Good luck in your search.
Sherri

GTCS 4 Sale

I am selling my GTCS project that I have owned for 14+ years. Car is in the GTCS registry. It is currently NOT running. Meadowlark Yellow w/black vinyl top.Rebuilt 289 (Not installed yet). C4 (needs rebuild). New suspension, brakes, recovered seats, carpet. Lots of parts. E-mail me for more details.

OP
OP
B

BigBlockMike

[quote author=GTCS 4 Sale link=board=3;threadid=871;start=0#msg5122 date=1084863088]
I am selling my GTCS project that I have owned for 14+ years. Car is in the GTCS registry. It is currently NOT running. Meadowlark Yellow w/black vinyl top.Rebuilt 289 (Not installed yet). C4 (needs rebuild). New suspension, brakes, recovered seats, carpet. Lots of parts. E-mail me for more details.
[/quote]

YA PLEASE SEND ME MORE INFO MY EMAIL IS m77gc@yahoo.com