• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted ^*(^*)($R!!!$) PS Ram...

dalorzo_f

Shop used the ram shaft as a lever arm when removing the front steering linkage... bare metal Bendix OEM PS ram... now useless......

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Looking, probably in vain, for an OEM replacement.

68 C Code

Ruppstang

They can be repaired but it would have to be shipped to the states. I may have a OEM. Nothing worse than paying to have some thing screwed up, I can do that my self.

Tim_morrison82

ahh crap! I may know of something. wait till I get home and ill see if I can get it for you.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

"Repaired"?

My understanding was that is extremely difficult as the body (tube) has to be sectioned, the guts redone then the tube end rewelded. I know it is "doable" (s its how they were built originally) but all indications I have seen in the past were that his was so cost prohibitive as to be only for really high end restorations...

Who does this work?

(Thanks Tim, I only noticed it after your visit!)

Tim_morrison82

no wonder it was hiding under the car...

scott in wa has some power steering parts from a mustang resto place that closed down over here. he said if I even needed anything to let him know. I dont know exactly what hes got, but surely at least 1 ps ram would be in there.

Ruppstang

"Repaired"?

My understanding was that is extremely difficult as the body (tube) has to be sectioned, the guts redone then the tube end rewelded. I know it is "doable" (s its how they were built originally) but all indications I have seen in the past were that his was so cost prohibitive as to be only for really high end restorations...

Who does this work?

Rode's Restoration in Ohio he cuts them open and replaces the rod if it is bent or pitted. I think he charged me $150 for the last one I sent him.
If you want to know more I can check wit him.

BigJim

but all indications I have seen in the past were that his was so cost prohibitive as to be only for really high end restorations...
If the shop broke it it should be up to them to cover the cost of repairing it regardless of cost.

Tim_morrison82

I asked scott to pm you on mustangtech. he has some there. he just wants postage for them if they will work for you. cheers