• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Restoration Begins for the '68 HCS

68HCS289

After running the car and taking her to 2 car shows (so far 2 for 2 on a trophy which was not expected:icon_lol:), I am getting ready to start the restoration process. First issue to be addressed is the torque box which I already have a replacement for the passenger side in much need of it.

I am also in the process of fixing up the engine compartment. It is in really rough shape. I lucked out in finding Ford blue valve covers to replace the current ones on it. Also addressing the antifreeze leak which seems minor but I am pulling everything apart to check the car over anyway. I have the correct paint to freshen up the engine compartment also. Will post pics of her progress. This is what I have to start with:eek:

2004_0101GTCSPICS0016.jpg

2004_0101GTCSPICS0019.jpg

As always, I welcome any advice offered also. Thanks!!

franklinair

Can you post a photo of the torque box prior to installation? Curious.
I shoulda bought that car:grin:

Neil

OP
OP
68HCS289

68HCS289

Getting ready to pull engine bay apart to clean it up. Put the car through a big test today. Took her to a show an hour and a half away. Even with hot temps out side the car ran like a champ with no issue. Put over 120 miles on her today and she didn't even break a sweat:grin: So much fun to drive and no leaks as I have been monitoring her. Since tomorrow is supposed to be dreary here I am looking forward to working on her in the garage.

OP
OP
68HCS289

68HCS289

It's a start, much better then what I started with. Still need to put in correct distributor cap, spark plugs wires and heater hoses. Eventually I will re-do the blue, lighter than I thought, Like I said, way better than what I had started with, lol. Will post more updates soon. At least I am not embarrased to open the hood now.

Attachments

• gt-cs-bay.jpg
    gt-cs-bay.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 47

franklinair

PM Ron (clubpro) for parts. He can be a big help, and save you some $$.

Neil