• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

S Code...Before ...After to follow

Canuck CSter

I said I'd send pics....

Here a couple Befores and well see what Anthony can do....

Hope to maybe see one or any of ya's at a show someday..

Don my bro lives in Columbus and always wanted to drive it down there to show his kids...

Dale
http://californiaspecial.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif
Cool
Hope I can get the picture thing to work...

Attachments

• IMG_7199.jpg
    IMG_7199.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7200.jpg
    IMG_7200.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7206.jpg
    IMG_7206.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7209.jpg
    IMG_7209.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7215.jpg
    IMG_7215.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7214.jpg
    IMG_7214.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7207.jpg
    IMG_7207.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 36

Perkchiro

Looks like a good, solid car to restore. Yes, a lot of TL$ will be required!
Have fun with it and keep the pics coming on your restoration.

6t8-390gt

It looks like you have the correct fan, radiator, distributor, air cleaner, brackets and pulleys on the engine. That in itself will save you quite a bit of $$$$. Take lots of pictures and have fun with it.

Danny

68gt390

Dale;
Looks like you've got a good solid starting point to work with. Good luck on the resto. Keep us posted on how it goes. The excitement will build as the restoration gets close to the finish and the time comes for your first road trip.

Don

OP
OP
C

Canuck CSter

Q & A for Don

Don ( and others who've been in this situation ) you being familiar with the 390's, what can I look for first...

For a car that has been in storage for almost 15 yrs and not started in 4 or 5

Thanks in advance...

Hope to make it down yer way, when this is all done someday....

Dale

Last edited:

J_Speegle

Dale ... when was the car assemblied or a VIN (just trying to keep all the info related ;) PM or email me if you don't wish to post to the world

Looks like a great start

rvrtrash

Don ( and others who've been in this situation ) you being familiar with the 390's, what can I look for first...

For a car that has been in storage for almost 15 yrs and not started in 4 or 5

Thanks in advance...

Hope to make it down yer way, when this is all done someday....

Dale

I'm not sure what you're trying to do for sure, but if you're thinking of starting it, I'd put a very small amount of Marvel Mystery Oil in each cyl first. Then pull the dist. and using a tool made for the purpose (or make your own) pump oil all through the engine. Put the dist. back in and turn the engine over with the starter, plugs still not in from the first step, for 15-20 seconds. Put everything back together, put a little gas down the carb. and see if it starts. New gas and oil of course.

Steve

OP
OP
C

Canuck CSter

Speegle

Dale ... when was the car assemblied or a VIN (just trying to keep all the info related ;) PM or email me if you don't wish to post to the world

Looks like a great start

Marti for you.........

Thought I had it in my gallery, will try to update....

Attachments

• Marti.jpg
    Marti.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
C

Canuck CSter

Anthony,Will be in charge of the over seeing of starting of the car, what about brake issues or anything else from a car that hasn't been run in awhile...

Any words...from the site...

Like I said before I stored it, it WAS in impecable shape, but time takes its toll on us all....

Where do I need to look crew......

Just ask'in....

Hockey playoff around the corner, I wish all respective parties the best, just wish the Sens had more stuff......

DR in Ottawa

I'm not sure what you're trying to do for sure, but if you're thinking of starting it, I'd put a very small amount of Marvel Mystery Oil in each cyl first. Then pull the dist. and using a tool made for the purpose (or make your own) pump oil all through the engine. Put the dist. back in and turn the engine over with the starter, plugs still not in from the first step, for 15-20 seconds. Put everything back together, put a little gas down the carb. and see if it starts. New gas and oil of course.

Steve

Mosesatm

Here's a list that will get people started.

If it has an automatic transmission the seals may be dried up, which normally requires a rebuild.

Replace ALL fluids. The obvious one are coolant, gasoline, and oil but also think about changing the fluids in the differential, transmission, power steering pump, and don't forget the brake fluid.

Front & rear wheel bearings

Check the gas tank. Water sitting in it may have rusted it out.

Fuel sending unit

Any items that depend on rubber:
Brake lines
Front-end bushings
Shocks
Rear springs
Spring perches - not really rubber but they are probably shot
Under-hood hoses
Under-dash vacuum lines
Body floor seals (seat bolt hole covers, etc)
Backup light to body seals

Seat tracks
Window rollers

Check the tail light sockets for corrosion

What else, folks?

Bluestang

My car had been in storage almost 20 years. After starting the motor, I found that every gasket on the motor leaked. Not knowing what else to expect I pulled both motor and tranny and rebuilt them. I would expect your brakes to need work, mine did. I had everything rebuilt and resurfaced. The one thing you should really look at, is to make sure your vaccuum booster is working properly. If it has a slow leak it will drive you nuts!! Your motor will not run correctly if you have low vaccuum. Your power brakes will not work right either. It is a very hard one to trouble shoot. That pesky little seal can give you grief.

chevyfreak

That thing would rock the road. Get it running... fast!