• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Slideshow

Mustanger

Paul,

That was an awesome job on the resto and the pps on the link you provided! Wow, I wish I had documented the resto of my Mach I like you did ... great job!!!

Mustanglvr

That was a great slide show of a great car! You guys did a fantastic job!

gt bandit

great job on the slide show

1 question is the diff in the last slide looks different in picture 3 ?

Also - any chance of asking Brian to post the Tuning specs of his 428.

thanks Shaun

davidathans

that is one of the most amazing things i have ever seen!...it would be my dream to do the same thing to my mustang after im done racing it.

Anyone think that their GTCS is nicer than this guys? This is most likely the best restored CS on this website, maybe in the world...

After all is done, what would you guess this thing is worth...$100k ??

Congratulations on that baby blue beauty....and thank you so much for putting together that power point presentation slide show!!

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Shaun

You are correct. The rear end in the first picture was a different 9" than what we put back into the car. It was a funny story. The car came to us with a 9" 325 gear locker. We rebuilt the entire rear end because the guy who sold us the car said we could have it. At the same time, we rebuilt an 8" 279 gear rear end because that is what the car was originally built with. Once the guy who sold us the car came and looked at the project, (we were in the process of cutting off the rear quarters) the guy got really mad because he thought we had messed up the car for good because we had cut off the rear quarters. He did not feel we could ever get the lines right on the car. Therefore, he took is new 9" locker home with him. We had to find another 9" and start again. The sad part is that our 9" is not a locker.

David - You are way to kind. We did spend alot of time on the restoration but the type of stuff you do with your car is also amazing to us. The only difference is where to channel the work (towards restoration or towards making a GT/CS fly down a race track). Brian and I continually talk about your car and the things you have done to it. Our hat is off to you sir!!

Brian is traveling on business. I will have him post the tuning specs to the Cobra when he returns.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind compliments.

Paul

PB GT/CS

gt bandit said:
great job on the slide show

1 question is the diff in the last slide looks different in picture 3 ?

Also - any chance of asking Brian to post the Tuning specs of his 428.

thanks Shaun

First of all, I too wish to thank everyone on this site for their help/support while we did our resto and for their kind words afterward. Especially a thanks to our friend BB. He really has a cool car and a nice one too. His generosity of time and a few parts made this a special project.

Shaun, the rear end story is even more complicated than Paul presented. We started with the 9 inch posi. Then as Paul said, it left. That is the Rear that is in the pic on the top left of the slide show. We then got an "original" 2.79 8 inch. It is the one that is top right in the slide show. The 8 inch rears were black in color. We rebuilt that unit and later decided we wanted a 9 inch with 3.25 gears. We bought a 9 inch, 3.25 gears totally taken pretty much down to the bits and rebuilt that unit. You can see that one in the bottom pic and that is the one we used. The 9 inch units were painted in a redish, primer type color on the 3rd member. Thus, the color red. As well, the 8 inch rear ends did not have a bumper on the front/top of the 3rd member. The bumper was located on the bottom side of the car. With a 9 inch, the bumper is located on the top front of the 3rd member. Perhaps more that you wanted to know, but there you have it.

I am just back from traveling and will see if I can get myself gathered enough together to tell the story of the 428 Dyno tune. Just give me a little time. John can decide where it will eventually reside.

Thanks again to everyone on the site. Paul, Zach and I very much appreciate all of you and your very kind comments.

Brian