• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Summer project........

Canuck CSter

Hey, I'm inviting the crew to view my current pics of my car in storage and I have set up plans to send it into a shop in the spring....

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=385

If the price tag isn't to high I'll take it as far as i can.......I tried to show its flaws ( paint chip front cowl and burn hole in passanger front seat ) that and it hasn't run in a long time.....Shop guy says shouldn't be to tuff ( I wonder how many K that means) Wish me luck.........

Thank my lucky stars my senior play in the food biz is working for now.....

Dale in Ottawa

Hoping I can be part of the group again soon, and spreading our good words and cars to the masses...

Attachments

• IMG_7206-1.jpg
    IMG_7206-1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7198.jpg
    IMG_7198.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7214.jpg
    IMG_7214.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7252.jpg
    IMG_7252.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

68gt390

Dale;
I do hope you plan on putting the GT center caps back on her? Do you plan on a whole new paint job or just buffing out what you have now? From what I see most of your effort will be in the engine bay area cleaning up the motor and engine bay it self. Your interior is way better than what mine was as is your engine bay for that fact. I had grey primer paint all over the seats and carpet as well as in the engine bay area not to mention all the engine oil. Is there any sheet metal replacement to be done? Will be nice to see the final results. If you decide on a trip to Columbus, let me know.

Don

franklinair

A beauty! I'd take that resto on in a minute. It just looks like cosmetics and tweaking.
Neil

OP
OP
C

Canuck CSter

Got the caps already, no metal needed. Its been in that shape since I bought it in 87......Bet I haven't put 5 K miles on it since I first got it.......Strange but sad and true...

Only thing I ever put on it was an oil pan ( not enough lift...lol ) and a couple antennas ( people seem to like knocking them off my car).....everything else is what i first bought....everything.

Only ever went in one show and pulled off 3 rd in shelby class in 91...

Thanks for the words of support.......

Dale in Ottawa
Dale

68gt390

Dale;
I to as you lost several antennas from idiots who liked braking them off so I finally went to a power antenna and that has solved my problem - hence, you see no antenna on the diecast model. People are always asking me why the diecast has no antenna and I simply have them look at my car and then they figure it out.

Don :wink:

BroadwayBlue

I remember the day I got one of my diecasts.

I thought my daughter dropped it and broke off the antenna :cool: Then realized is was never there.

I took it easy on her she was 4 at the time. She has one of her own for her to play with that I've glued plenty of trim back on.