• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Synthetic Oil

jsa3107

How many miles before you should change the oil to the syn oil in the new mustangs?
Any thoughts one changing to the syn oil?
Any thoughts on the brands of syn ?

GottaHaveIt

We are in Kilometer here in Canuckistan or British Columbia and I switched over to Mobil 1 5w-20 full synthetic, and I did read some where on the The Mustang Source Forum that even though it lasts longer I still will be required to charge as stated in the operation manual with the car so as NOT to upset or void any warrent claims or issues.
try this link for a read up from Bill if it will work,
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php?p=769298&postcount=1
I do see links betting bounced around for the well ontent of helping members so I do hope that this is ok with Admins here ????? Ed

SD CASPCL

I agree with GottaHaveIt. The owners manual requires changes every 6 months or 5,000 miles, so that would be it, in order to not void the warranty. When I picked my car up (66 miles) it had been sitting at the dealers, in Texas, for 6 months. I had them do an oil/filter change as part of the deal. They (service dept) could not understand why. Thankfully, I no longer live there :)

Wayne Westmoreland

I just had my first oil change. I went with Castrol Syntec but will definately be changing every 5,000 miles like the manual says.

By the way, Castrol Syntec does meet the specs laid out in the owners manual. THere is a certain code you are supposed to use.

Perkchiro

Just as a matter of note: On rebuilt engines, it is recommended that regular viscosity oils be used for up to 2000 miles before switching to synthetics. This is apprarently to allow proper seating and break-in of engine parts.